Simeon Jackson makes Bundesliga switch as Cody McDonald returns to Gillingham
- Credit: Action Images
Bundesliga new boys Eintracht Braunschweig have signed former Norwich City striker Simeon Jackson committed.
The 26-year-old has signed a two-year contract as a free agent.
'He is a player that drives the counter-attacks,' said manager Marc Arnold on his fifth signing of the summer.
The Canadian international was a key part of Norwich's promotion to the Premier League under Paul Lambert in 2011, but found opportunities limited under Chris Hughton last term and was subsequently released this summer.
Meanwhile, another ex-City striker has returned to an old haunt. Cody McDonald, 27, has signed a two-year deal with League One Gillingham after being released by Coventry City.
McDonald was given his first chance as a professional by then Norwich boss Bryan Gunn back in the summer of 2008 and enjoys his most prolific spell during a loan spell at Priestfield from the Canaries for the 2010-11 campaign.
Gillingham boss Martin Allen said: 'Cody is a match winner – he scores goals and in his loan period, on and off the field, he conducts himself in the right way.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 3 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 4 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 5 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
- 8 Flood alerts issued along the north Norfolk coast tomorrow morning
- 9 Investigation closed into fatal crash where car crashed into river
- 10 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
'He works hard and our chairman Paul Scally has worked for the last couple of months to get this deal done. Last time here he got 26 goals in one season and this time he will be looking for 30.'