After Teemu Pukki’s ‘goal’ ruled out, is it time to scrap VAR?
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City fans have joined calls for VAR to be scrapped, after Teemu Pukki's 'goal' against Tottenham was ruled out for offside.
The use of the technology, introduced to the Premier League this season, has proven controversial.
There have been a number of contentious decisions, particularly around offsides and fans are growing increasingly frustrated at the lack of information given in the grounds.
And the Canaries were left fuming when a strike which would have doubled their lead over Jose Mourinho's side became the latest to be chalked off - with Pukki's arm millimetres offside, according to measurements by the VAR.
Furious fans at the Carrow Road clash unveiled a banner stating "VAR: Clearly and Obviously Not Working. Decision Put It In The Bin."
Some want to see it scrapped completely, while others believe the rules around offside need to be changed.
And former Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas said change was needed and VAR should not be used for offsides.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 4 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 6 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 7 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 9 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 10 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
We're keen to know what you think? So take part in this poll and have your say in the comments below.