After Teemu Pukki’s ‘goal’ ruled out, is it time to scrap VAR?
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City fans have joined calls for VAR to be scrapped, after Teemu Pukki's 'goal' against Tottenham was ruled out for offside.
The use of the technology, introduced to the Premier League this season, has proven controversial.
There have been a number of contentious decisions, particularly around offsides and fans are growing increasingly frustrated at the lack of information given in the grounds.
And the Canaries were left fuming when a strike which would have doubled their lead over Jose Mourinho's side became the latest to be chalked off - with Pukki's arm millimetres offside, according to measurements by the VAR.
Furious fans at the Carrow Road clash unveiled a banner stating "VAR: Clearly and Obviously Not Working. Decision Put It In The Bin."
You may also want to watch:
Some want to see it scrapped completely, while others believe the rules around offside need to be changed.
And former Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas said change was needed and VAR should not be used for offsides.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
We're keen to know what you think? So take part in this poll and have your say in the comments below.