After Teemu Pukki’s ‘goal’ ruled out, is it time to scrap VAR?
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City fans have joined calls for VAR to be scrapped, after Teemu Pukki's 'goal' against Tottenham was ruled out for offside.
The use of the technology, introduced to the Premier League this season, has proven controversial.
There have been a number of contentious decisions, particularly around offsides and fans are growing increasingly frustrated at the lack of information given in the grounds.
And the Canaries were left fuming when a strike which would have doubled their lead over Jose Mourinho's side became the latest to be chalked off - with Pukki's arm millimetres offside, according to measurements by the VAR.
Furious fans at the Carrow Road clash unveiled a banner stating "VAR: Clearly and Obviously Not Working. Decision Put It In The Bin."
You may also want to watch:
Some want to see it scrapped completely, while others believe the rules around offside need to be changed.
And former Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas said change was needed and VAR should not be used for offsides.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
We're keen to know what you think? So take part in this poll and have your say in the comments below.