Should Norwich City cash in on Cameron Jerome this summer?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have made it clear that some tough decisions will have to be made this summer over the current squad.
However, few fans expected Cameron Jerome may become one of the casualties of the new regime with The Mirror reporting City are prepared to listen to offers for last season's top goalscorer.
The Canaries need to trim a bloated wage bill and, having already made three signings this summer, some savings need to be made.
Jerome still has two years left on the contract he signed last summer and it's safe to assume he's one of the better earners at Carrow Road.
As such he could represent a significant saving for Canaries sporting director Stuart Webber.
You may also want to watch:
Jerome is a proven Championship striker - 16 goals in 40 appearances last season demonstrates as much - and City won't be short of takers.
Sunderland and Middlesbrough are reportedly sniffing round but selling to either of these clubs wouldn't sit well with a lot of supporters with the north east pair likely to be significant rivals for promotion next season.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
But City can't keep buying players without selling...and Jerome may just be seen as expendable with Nelson Oliveira likely to be first choice next season.