Rumoured City keeper target joins Championship rival on loan from Manchester United
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson will not be spending next season on loan at Norwich City, after joining Championship rivals Sheffield United for the campaign.
The Canaries had been strongly linked with the England Under-21 international after a successful season in League One with Shrewsbury alongside City loanees Carlton Morris and Ben Godfrey.
However, the Blades have won the race for the 21-year-old keeper's signature, with Norwich, Bristol City, Aston Villa and Leeds all previously linked with interest in national newspapers.
Henderson signed a new contract with United last week, committing his future until 2020, and will continue his development in Sheffield.
Norwich currently have academy product Remi Matthews, fresh from a successful third tier loan with Plymouth, and Northern Ireland international Michael McGovern as their senior keeper options.
It remains to be seen whether Matthews will be trusted as number one or whether 33-year-old McGovern will remain for the final year of his contract, after barely featuring last season.
City have lost former number one Angus Gunn after the completion of his loan from Manchester City and released back-up option Paul Jones, with youngster Aston Oxborough the next in line.
The Canaries have also been linked with Newcastle keeper Freddie Woodman in recent days, who was part of the England U20s team which won the world title last year and has spent time on loan in Scotland with Kilmarnock and Aberdeen.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 New homes in Norfolk village will be for locals