Rumour Mill: Troy Deeney linked with Norwich City move, as West Brom chase Martin Olsson
- Credit: PA
Troy Deeney would appear to be flavour of the month in the speculation ranks this morning as Neil Adams is rumoured to be putting together a record-breaking strike force, numerically at least.
Having secured the services of Lewis Grabban and Kyle Lafferty, City are now reported to have had a £5m bid for the striker rejected by Watford.
However, West Bromwich Albion have 'joined the race' while the likes of Swansea, Aston Villa and Burnley are keeping tabs on him.
Deeney, 26, scored 24 Championship goals for Watford last season and 19 the previous season. He joined Watford in August, 2010, having started his career at Walsall. Should Deeney seriously be a target for City it would lead to an unfeasibly large number of strikers, although there are some obvious candidates for the departures list, either through ambition or disgruntlement, depending on the pecking order.
West Brom are also being linked with City full-back Martin Olsson.
The Daily Mail claim new Baggies boss Alan Irvine wants to beat West Ham to the signature of the 26-year-old Sweden international.
Olsson joined the Canaries from Blackburn for a reported £2.5million and finished as runner-up in the club's player of the season vote.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
He played 37 games in all competitions after establishing himself as City's first choice left-back ahead of Javier Garrido, scoring one goal, in the 6-3 home win against Bury in the second round of the Capital One Cup.
It's time for a City Q&A session – so log on to www.pinkun.com at 1pm today.