Rumour Mill: Swansea City keen to sign Norwich City target Steven Naismith
- Credit: PA
Swansea City are keen to sign reported Norwich City target Steven Naismith from Everton, following reports that the Scot's switch to the Canaries has stalled.
The 29-year-old forward has been linked with City since last summer and looked set to sign in a deal worth around £8million during the transfer window.
Sky Sports claimed yesterday that Naismith was ready to snub a move to Norfolk and wait until the summer to settle his Toffees future, having scored four goals in 13 games so far this season.
Swansea's interim boss Alan Curtis has now revealed the South Wales club are also keen on the Scotland international as well though.
'I think he's on a list (of transfer targets),' Curtis told BBC Sport. 'I know he's a player available – he's an excellent player.
'Like all good players, if we can afford to bring him in, then we will be interested.
'We're still looking for that main striker. Steve is probably someone who plays just behind the main striker but someone we will be interested in.'
- 1 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 2 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 3 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 4 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 5 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 6 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 7 'I lived in one of the most remote places in Norfolk'
- 8 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 9 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 10 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
The South Wales side are just a point above the Premier League relegation places following last night's 4-2 home loss to Sunderland – their third successive defeat – and Curtis is keen to strengthen his squad.
He added: 'There's a need to strengthen and we've got some money in the bank now, so it's important we spend it.'