Rumour Mill: Reading escape route for Norwich City’s Ricky van Wolfswinkel; Gary Hooper on Fulham’s target list
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's club-record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel is interesting Championship club Reading ahead of Tuesday's transfer window deadline.
The Reading Chronicle claimed on Monday afternoon the Royals have made contact with Norwich regarding a loan move for the Dutch international.
Steve Clarke is reportedly a big admirer of the striker, who was an unused substitute for City in Sunday's 3-0 Premier League defeat at Southampton after his match-winner in the Capital One Cup tie against Rotherham.
The 26-year-old saw a proposed return to old club Sporting Lisbon collapse earlier this summer after spending last season on loan at St Etienne in France. The Greens declined to take up an option to buy the striker at the end of the loan period.
Van Wolfswinkel still has two years left on his Norwich contract after signing a four-year deal in 2013.
You may also want to watch:
Reading is not the only Championship club who are interested in the Dutchman but Clarke is eager to bring in reinforcements after Pavel Pogrebnyak's move to Dynamo Moscow.
Fellow Norwich City striker Gary Hooper is also being touted with a Championship loan switch to Fulham. The Daily Mail report Hooper could be a target for the Cottagers after speculation last week he was bound for Sheffield Wednesday.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
Hooper made a late second half appearance from the bench at St Mary's but has had limited game-time under Alex Neil this season.
Meanwhile, Skysports reported earlier on Monday Kyle Lafferty is attracting interest from Greece with AEK Athens touted with a potential interest in the striker who returned to fll training at City last week following a knee injury. Lafferty is on international duty with Northern Ireland ahead of Euro2016 qualifiers.
Finally, midfielder Elliott Bennett could make a Championship switch ahead of the deadline with first club Wolves, Preston and Charlton all linked to the 26-year-old. Bennett has not featured in the Premier League for Neil and did not travel to the south-coast on Sunday.
The summer transfer window closes at 6pm on Tuesday but Norwich's fringe players could still make loan moves to the Football League next month once the emergency loan window opens.