Rumour Mill: Palermo keen to end Kyle Lafferty’s Norwich City frustrations
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's out-of-favour striker Kyle Lafferty could be heading for a return to former club Palermo in the January transfer window.
Italian media claimed on Friday exploratory talks have already started between the Canaries and the Serie A side over a potential City escape route for the Northern Irish international, who has made it clear he is desperate for regular club football ahead of his country's Euro 2016 bow.
Lafferty scored 11 goals in 34 appearances to fire Palermo to promotion from Serie B in 2013/14 but moved to Carrow Road in June 2014 following a reported fallout with the Italian club's owner.
Respected Skysports Italia football journalist Gianluca Di Marzio has interviewed Palermo's sporting director Manuel Gerolin, who confirmed the Serie A strugglers are in the market for fresh firepower next month.
Lafferty was the subject of a failed Championship loan enquiry from Leeds United ahead of November's emergency deadline but Whites' boss Steve Evans is a confirmed admirer of the 28-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
Lafferty has only played 13 minutes in the Premier League for the Canaries this season and finds himself well down the pecking order behind Cameron Jerome, Dieumerci Mbokani and Lewis Grabban.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets