Rumour Mill: Norwich City track Swedish U21 European Championship winner Joseph Baffo
- Credit: AP
Swedish U21s' European Championship-winning central defender Joseph Baffo is reportedly still on Norwich City's transfer radar.
Baffo came off the bench to help his country beat Portugal's U21s 4-3 on penalties to lift Sweden's first European crown at that level on Tuesday night in the Czech Republic.
The 22-year-old was an ever-present in the Swedes' qualifying pool, and featured against Nathan Redmond's England U21s in a late 1-0 pool defeat.
Now Baffo is reportedly set for talks with his club Halmstads with only six months left on his current contract.
Norwich, along with Olympiakos and Swiss side Sion have all been linked with the highly-rated youngster this summer, but Baffo's agent Nima Modyr is quoted in the Swedish media stating a final decision on the defender's future is yet to be reached.
'There is no specific contract proposal on the table. After the tournament we will go through interest,' said Modyr on the eve of Tuesday's final, speaking to Swedish tabloid Expresssen. 'There is no secret. We are looking for a new environment for Joseph and would prefer that it will be this summer. The most important thing for me is that we find the right club in Europe, especially with the playing time he has received in the U21 European Championships, you can see how much he has grown.'
City chief Alex Neil was at the finals in the Czech Republic as part of his Pro-Licence coaching studies with the Scottish FA.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
The Norwich boss has previously been linked with the likes of Celtic centre back Virgil van Dijk as he looks to bolster a key area of his squad ahead of the Premier League kick off on August 8 against Crystal Palace.