Rumour Mill: Norwich City track Italy international Simone Zaza
- Credit: PA
Norwich City could make a renewed bid to lure Juventus striker Simone Zaza to Carrow Road in the January window.
Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport claimed on Wednesday the Canaries are still interested, after reportedly failing with a loan enquiry during the summer for the highly-rated 24-year-old.
Zaza has scored twice in nine appearances for Juve this season and played in the Champions League but has had limited opportunities to impress behind Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic and Alvaro Morata.
Tuttosport suggest Zaza is desperate for game-time in the New Year to earn his place in Antonio Conte's Italy's squad for the Euro 2016.
Zaza has previously also been linked with Arsenal, and the latest report claims Juve would only sanction a potential move to a more established Premier League club.
Neil brought in Dieumerci Mbokani on a season-long loan from Dynamo Kiev in the closing days of the summer transfer window but with Gary Hooper at Sheffield Wednesday until January and speculation surrounding the futures of Kyle Lafferty and Lewis Grabban, Neil continues to be linked with fresh firepower.
Crystal Palace's Dwight Gayle was recently touted with a Carrow Road move after a proposed deal collapsed in the summer.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park