RUMOUR MILL: Norwich City run the rule over Standard Liege defender Laurent Ciman
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Norwich City have reportedly run the rule over Standard Liege's Belgian international centre back Laurent Ciman.
Neil Adams has made no secret of the fact he would like to add defensive reinforcements over the closing weeks of the summer transfer window and with Sebastien Bassong currently out-of-favour, City head into the Championship kick-off this weekend against Wolves with Michael Turner, Ryan Bennett and captain Russell Martin as their three senior central defenders.
Ciman was an unused part of Belgium's World Cup squad in Brazil and has carved out a reputation as an uncompromising figure in Liege's recent domestic success. The 28-year-old played 39 matches, earning nine cautions, during last season's tilt at the Belgian league title which saw them lose out to Anderlecht by two points.
Liege is in the Champions League qualifiers at present with Ciman playing an hour in last week's 0-0 first leg draw at home to Panathinaikos.
Ciman has been included in the squad for Tuesday's second leg trip to Greece after playing a key role in Liege's 3-2 weekend league win over Kortrjik which maintained their unbeaten start to the new domestic campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The former Club Brugge defender can also operate at right-back but is reportedly contracted to his current club until June 2017.
City are also one of a growing number of clubs said to have expressed an interest in young Gambian striker Modou Barrow who is operating in Swedish football with Ostersunds FK.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
Barrow was last month linked with a £1.5m move to Celtic before new boss Ronny Deila shot down that speculation but the Daily Star carried quotes in recent days attributed to his representative saying the Canaries, Everton, Bolton and Sheffield Wednesday had all made contact.