RUMOUR MILL: Norwich City knock back West Ham enquiry for Martin Olsson as Hammers target Ipswich’s Aaron Cresswell
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have rebuffed West Ham's enquiry for defender Martin Olsson, according to Skysports.
Olsson had been linked to the Hammers during the early part of the summer, but Sky claimed on Thursday lunchtime Sam Allardyce had followed up his long time interest in the Swedish international, who he worked with previously at Blackburn, before switching his attentions to Ipswich's Aaron Cresswell.
The former Tranmere defender is reportedly undergoing a medical after Town agreed a fee for the highly-rated full-back just days after Mick McCarthy confirmed there was genuine top flight interest in his coveted defender.
Allardyce is in the market for a left-back after the departures of Razvan Rat, Pablo Amero and George McCartney, but Norwich reportedly rejected the Olsson enquiry with the Canaries under no financial pressure to offload their key men.
Norwich's top brass did sanction a club record deal for Robert Snodgrass, who completed his move to Premier League Hull City earlier this week, but Neil Adams is looking to bolster his squad for the Championship campaign following the arrivals of Kyle Lafferty and Lewis Grabban.
You may also want to watch:
Olsson, who has also been touted with a West Brom switch recently, enjoyed an impressive debut campaign on a personal level for the Canaries following his Ewood Park switch after establishing himself as the club's first choice left-back. The 26-year-old made 34 Premier League appearances despite struggling with a shoulder injury which forced him to miss Sweden's summer friendlies.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Broadband down across Norfolk as Sky internet hit by issue
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job