Rumour mill: Norwich City close to signing Dinamo Zagreb right-back Ivo Pinto
- Credit: PA
Reports in Croatia this morning suggest that Dinamo Zagreb defender Ivo Pinto is on his way to Carrow Road.
Various media claim Norwich City have had a €3million (£2.21m) bid accepted for the Portuguese defender and that he will have a medical today. It is rumoured that the Canaries have beaten off Stuttgart and Anderlecht to secure the services of the 25-year-old – who last month played against Arsenal in the Champions League.
A translation from a story on the Croatian version of website Goal.Com claims that Dinamo and Norwich 'signed complete documentation' yesterday and that the deal could rise to '€4m with additional bonuses'.
The former Portuguese Under-21 international joined Zagreb on a four-year deal from CFR 1907 Cluj in June 2013.
At the time, Dinamo coach Krunoslav Jur?i? said: 'He is very solid in defence and he likes to join the attack at full speed, so we think he will bring us some power on the flank, which is very important in football today.'
You may also want to watch:
Pinto's progress is thought to have left him within touching distance of breaking into his country's squad for Euro 2016.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk