Rumour mill: Norwich City and Aston Villa interested in £12m Fulham striker Ross McCormack
- Credit: PA
Fulham striker Ross McCormack is being linked with a potential £12million summer move to Norwich City.
The Canaries do not yet know which division they will be playing in next season – ahead of tonight's clash with Watford at Carrow Road – but that has not prevented the Daily Telegraph from linking the Scot with City.
The 29-year-old scored 23 goals in all competitions for the Cottagers this season, with 21 of those goals coming from 45 Championship matches.
The Scotland international is also credited with nine assists during the campaign, with just two other players creating more in the second tier, Alan Judge of Brentford (11) and Johann Berg Gudmundsson of Charlton (10).
McCormack signed a new four-year deal with Fulham in February but the Telegraph reports that contract includes a £12m buy-out clause, having signed from Leeds for £11m in the summer of 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Aston Villa, who have already had their Premier League relegation confirmed, are also being linked with the prolific forward.
The new deal followed a reported bid of £9m from Middlesbrough but Fulham resisted as they looked to make sure they stayed clear of relegation, eventually finishing 20th but 11 points clear of danger.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game