Rumour Mill: Matt Jarvis to join Norwich City permanently, as Sebastien Heller links persist
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
On-loan winger Matt Jarvis looks set to join Norwich City permanently, in a cut-price deal reportedly worth around £2.5million.
The 29-year-old former Gillingham and Wolves attacker scored twice in his first three matches for the Canaries and has proved popular with supporters since joining on a season-long loan.
He has not featured for almost two months after picking up a knee injury but is back in training and pushing for a return after the festive period.
The Daily Mail has reported that City have agreed the fee with West Ham for the one-cap England international, who joined the Hammers for a club-record fee of £10.75million in 2012, after offering him a four and a half year contract.
Signing Jarvis permanently would open up a loan slot in Alex Neil's squad, as Premier League teams are only allowed two loan players in their squad.
You may also want to watch:
The same newspaper also brings up another recent transfer link for City, to Utrecht striker Sebastien Heller.
The France Under-21 striker is said to be in talks with the Canaries about a January transfer worth around £7m. The 21-year-old has scored 10 goals in 13 top-flight games for the Dutch club so far this season, having scored 11 in 17 games after signing from Auxerre last season.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
Another name to add to the growing list of players linked with Norwich is defender Georg Niedermeier.
The Daily Mirror claim the Stuttgart defender is being watched closely by Crystal Palace, Sunderland and the Canaries, as his contract is due to expire next summer.
The 29-year-old came through the youth system at Bayern Munich before joining Stuttgart in 2009 and is reportedly available for around £800,000.