Rumour Mill: Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom touted with Norwich City loan switch
- Credit: PA
Liverpool's young right-back Andre Wisdom is poised to link up with the Canaries on a season-long loan deal.
The Liverpool Echo reported on Tuesday afternoon the deal will be rubber-stamped in the next few days, with City paying a £1.25m loan fee for the 22-year-old.
Wisdom spent last season on loan at Premier League rivals West Brom and before that Derby, but signed a four-year contract extension to stay at Anfield in May.
The Liverpool academy graduate has been pushed further down the pecking order on Merseyside with the summer arrivals of Nathaniel Clyne and Joe Gomez.
Wisdom's only appearance of pre-season came with a 45-minute run-out in the Reds' opening 4-0 friendly win over a Thai All Stars in Bangkok.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich have yet to officially announce Hull's Robbie Brady as their third summer recruit and the Canaries are also being heavily linked with Blackburn keeper Jake Kean to provide competition for John Ruddy and Declan Rudd.
Alex Neil confirmed on the club's recent tour of Austria and Germany he wants to bring in a keeper following the departure of Mark Bunn and a loan move to Burton for Remi Matthews.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls