Rumour Mill: Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom touted with Norwich City loan switch
- Credit: PA
Liverpool's young right-back Andre Wisdom is poised to link up with the Canaries on a season-long loan deal.
The Liverpool Echo reported on Tuesday afternoon the deal will be rubber-stamped in the next few days, with City paying a £1.25m loan fee for the 22-year-old.
Wisdom spent last season on loan at Premier League rivals West Brom and before that Derby, but signed a four-year contract extension to stay at Anfield in May.
The Liverpool academy graduate has been pushed further down the pecking order on Merseyside with the summer arrivals of Nathaniel Clyne and Joe Gomez.
Wisdom's only appearance of pre-season came with a 45-minute run-out in the Reds' opening 4-0 friendly win over a Thai All Stars in Bangkok.
Norwich have yet to officially announce Hull's Robbie Brady as their third summer recruit and the Canaries are also being heavily linked with Blackburn keeper Jake Kean to provide competition for John Ruddy and Declan Rudd.
Alex Neil confirmed on the club's recent tour of Austria and Germany he wants to bring in a keeper following the departure of Mark Bunn and a loan move to Burton for Remi Matthews.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 5 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 7 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 8 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 9 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot could be lodged 'in next couple of months'
- 10 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die