Rumour Mill - Come in Norwich City’s number 7 - but who are you?
So we've got six of the new faces that Norwich City boss Paul Lambert wanted to see at Carrow Road this summer but the question remains, who is going to be lucky number seven?
After seeing the midfield and striker ranks bolstered so far, many fans are keen to see some defensive reinforcements brought in.
Well, according to Clubcall, Lambert is looking at West Ham full back Herita Ilunga who is out of favour at Upton Park and looking for a way back to the Premier League.
At 29, the no-nonsense Congo international is not your typical Lambert signing but with a bit of Premier League know-how under his belt he could be a decent option to a backline short on top flight experience.
It seems that Peter Whittingham is set to remain at Cardiff City despite several Premier League clubs, including Norwich City report Clubcall (again), courting him.
Our old Norwich City stablemate Malky Mackay has 'warned off' his former club, pitch fork in hand, after insisting he is keen to hang on to the the winger. Ok, so there wasn't a pitch fork but Mackay definitely doesn't want Lambert to show any interest in his star pupil.
Mackay said: 'Peter Whittingham is a fantastic footballer and I can understand why other clubs would look at good players. But he is a Cardiff player and he is staying a Cardiff player. Peter is central to my plans.'
- 1 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 4 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 5 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 6 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
- 7 West Norfolk town centre road closed following two-vehicle crash
- 8 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 9 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 10 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer
Quite whether the Canaries were still in for him having secured the signatures of Anthony Pilkington and Elliott Bennett is open to question.