Transfer rumour: Rotherham midfielder a January target for Norwich, Stoke and Derby
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Rotherham midfielder Will Vaulks has reportedly attracted the interest of Norwich City.
Norwich and Championship rivals Stoke and Derby are all keen on the Millers man, who has scored four goals and set up another three in 21 games so far this season.
That's according to the Daily Mail, who claim the 25-year-old would cost around £1.5million as he is out of contract at the end of the season.
The report arrives despite the Canaries having a wealth of midfield options, with Alex Tettey, Moritz Leitner, Mario Vrancic, Tom Trybull and Marco Stiepermann all central options.
Louis Thompson is also due to return from a shoulder injury in January and Scotland international Kenny McLean is on the comeback trail and set for U23 action against Sunderland at Colney this evening.
Added to that is youngster Ben Godfrey having spent last season as a defensive midfielder while on loan in League One with Shrewsbury, although the 20-year-old's opportunities have come in defence this campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Vaulks does play in a deeper role though, so competition for Alex Tettey could be considered, with the former Falkirk and Tranmere player also wearing the captain's armband for Paul Warne's team recently.
He recently impressed during Rotherham's 3-1 loss to Norwich at Carrow Road, with his long-range shot being spilled by Tim Krul to allow Richie Towell to take an unlikely lead for the South Yorkshire side.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 10 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
With Rotherham sitting 20th and just three points above the drop zone as the halfway point of the season approaches, the Mail suggest an offer from the promotion hopefuls may be difficult to resist during the January transfer window.
Vaulks won the Millers' player of the season award, following promotion via the League One play-offs, and has previously been linked with Rangers, Sheffield United and Wigan.