Ross Wallace hopes “outstanding” Norwich City striker Gary Hooper will extend stay with Sheffield Wednesday
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Sheffield Wednesday winger Ross Wallace is hoping the Owls can extend the loan deal of Norwich City striker Gary Hooper after an 'outstanding' performance.
Wallace spectacularly scored the only goal of Wednesday's 1-0 win at Fulham on Saturday, which leaves the Yorkshire club just two points outside of the Championship play-off positions.
Hooper is on loan with the Owls until January 17 and has scored twice in 13 games since joining on loan in August.
It leaves the 27-year-old with three further games to impress manager Carlos Carvalhal, all at home, against Fulham again on Saturday in the FA Cup and then against Bolton and Leeds in the league.
'We had Gary Hooper, who was on fire today, he was so unlucky not to get a chance and he's a player I would love to keep until the end of the season,' Wallace told BBC Radio Sheffield.
You may also want to watch:
'He maybe took a little bit of flack but when he first came he hadn't played for ages and was a little bit rusty, similar to myself when I came here from Burnley, I hadn't played for a little while and it takes three or four games to find your feet.
'You could see he was starting to find his form, a bit of skill in the corner, could have had a few chances, his movement is brilliant, holds it up for the boys, links it up – he was outstanding, I'd love to get him on board.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
Hooper made two brief substitute appearances for the Canaries in the Premier League at the start of the season and has scored a total of 20 goals in 69 games for the club.
He joined from Celtic in a deal reportedly worth £5million in the summer of 2013, signing a three-year deal but with City retaining the option of a further year.