Ricky van Wolfswinkel left out of Norwich City squad for Celta Vigo friendly amid reports of loan move
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Strikers Gary Hooper and Kyle Lafferty return to Norwich City's squad for their final pre-season friendly against Celta Vigo at Carrow Road this evening.
Manager Neil Adams has named a 19-man squad for the visit of the Spanish side, with full-back Martin Olsson also returning.
The trio missed Monday's 5-1 home friendly win against OGC Nice, as Lafferty recovered from a shin injury, Hooper was rested and Olsson was back in Sweden because of a family matter.
Ricky van Wolfswinkel is not in the squad, amid reports in France that the £8.5m Dutch striker is on the verge of joining Saint Etienne on a season-long loan deal.
Respected French newspaper L'Equipe reports that Van Wolfswinkel will have a medical with the French top-flight club this afternoon, who will take on the 25-year-old's wages during the loan spell with a view to a permanent £4.75million signing (€6m).
You may also want to watch:
The former Sporting Lisbon man has not played for City since scoring twice in the 6-1 friendly win at Braintree, missing the club's pre-season tour of Italy after bruising his knee in training.
Midfielders Alex Tettey (groin) and Jonny Howson (knee) miss the game through injury as expected.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
Leroy Fer, who has been linked with moves to QPR and Sevilla, is not due to start training with the Canaries again until next week following his World Cup duty with Holland.
Former captain Sebastien Bassong continues to be left out, as does striker Luciano Becchio, who scored two goals as an over-age player for the club's Under-21s in a friendly at non-league Bishop's Stortford last night.
Josh Murphy and Sam Kelly also scored in that match as City won 4-0, with Bassong not involved.
Tickets are still available for tonight's match, go to www.canaries.co.uk for details.
Norwich City: John Ruddy (GK), Steven Whittaker, Bradley Johnson, Russell Martin (c), Michael Turner, Lewis Grabban, Kyle Lafferty, Gary Hooper, Anthony Pilkington, Wes Hoolahan, Jamar Loza, Elliott Bennett, Javier Garrido, Josh Murphy, Nathan Redmond, Martin Olsson, Ryan Bennett, Declan Rudd (GK), Andrew Surman.