Reports still suggest that Norwich City’s Grant Holt is a target for West Ham
Grant Holt may be inching closer to following Adam Drury out of the door at Norwich with Premier League rivals West Ham reportedly upping their offer.
City rejected two bids in the region of �3m earlier this summer but the Sun claimed yesterday Sam Allardyce is poised to test the club's resolve with a package rising to �5.5m for the 31-year-old who had a transfer request rejected in May.
The Hammers are prepared to pay �3.5m up front with the rest based on appearances.
Allardyce has also been linked with Blackburn striker Yakubu and Real Madrid's Spanish U21 hitman Joselu to equip the Championship play-off winners with the firepower to survive.
One name that appears to have been crossed off Norwich's target list is that of Leicester centre back Matt Mills. The Canaries were reportedly keeping tabs on the 25-year-old Foxes' defender along with Celtic and Bolton.
You may also want to watch:
The Leicester Mercury believe Wanderers have won the race with a season-long loan deal the precursor to a permanent �2m switch to the Reebok Stadium for the former Royals' defender.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea