Pukki offering City a creative spark but yet to have much chance to shine in front of goal
- Credit: James Wilson/Focus Images Ltd
As Norwich City move through their pre-season gears our player watch returned to keep an eye on Finnish forward Teemu Pukki during last night's 3-1 friendly win at Lincoln. Here's how the new boy is progressing...
12 - Playing further forward, closer to Dennis Srbeny than on Friday at Lynn when he started on the right side of a three-man attack, closes down keeper Josh Vickers and forces a wayward kick.
14 – Accidentally dispossesses Moritz Leitner in midfield, trying to get on the ball after barely getting a touch.
17 – Found by Ben Godfrey on the edge of the box, tries to turn the ball into the right channel for Passlack but passes against a defender's legs.
21 – Goes across to disrupt a throw-in and heads the ball back out of play.
22 – Receives the ball from Godfrey on the edge of the box, finds Leitner and bursts forward for the return pass but the ball doesn't reach him.
24 – Lunges to try and meet a Kenny McLean cross from the left on the edge of the six-yard box but can only turn behind under pressure.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 4 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 5 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 6 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 9 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
25 – Controls a Leitner pass on his chest in the centre-circle but loses possession.
27 – Just about keeps control of the ball and sets Felix Passlack away, who finds Leitner 25 yards but and the German's shot is charged down.
29 – Leitner and Passlack take a quick corner after Godfrey's shot is deflected wide, Leitner finds Pukki in the box, who completes the one-two but Leitner's shot is just over.
36 – Found by Passlack in the box and takes a couple of good touches before teeing up McLean to shoot on the edge of the box but the Scot's effort is charged down.
39 – Charges back in midfield to keep Tettey's pass alive and is caught late by the Lincoln right-back.
40 – Does well to hold up Leitner's pass centrally and turns the ball on to McLean, who is brought down on the edge of the box and then bends home the free-kick.
46 - Replaced by Jordan Rhodes
Verdict: Grew into the game after a slow start and started to link midfield with attack nicely, as shown by his part in the opening goal. Little in the way of goal-scoring opportunities and clearly wanted more of the ball.