PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Champagne and beers were flowing as all connected with Norwich City celebrated promotion but the players' day was spoiled by a 3-1 defeat to Bournemouth.
Draws for Swansea and Brentford earlier this afternoon sealed City's return to the Premier League, which had been looking inevitable after 11 wins in an unbeaten run of 13 matches.
Bournemouth arriveD with plenty to play for, sitting fifth after a five-game winning streak, with a four-point cushion to Reading in seventh.
It's a big opportunity for the Canaries as well though, as victory would move them 11 points clear of title rivals Watford with four games remaining.
The Hornets slipped to a 1-0 loss at Luton this afternoon and head to Carrow Road on Tuesday for a match which would see City claim the trophy if they are victorious.
- You can follow all the match action, analysis and reaction in the live blog above
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards