Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific non-league striker Allassani is a January target for Canaries
- Credit: Archant
Non-league striker Reise Allassani has attracted attention from Norwich City after scoring 17 goals in 16 games for Dulwich Hamlet this season.
The 22-year-old was previously on the books at Crystal Palace and has been a shining light for the London side, who currently top the Bostik League Premier Division, the third tier of non-league, in which Lowestoft Town also compete.
Allassani is reportedly a January target for Scottish giants Celtic and Rangers, as well as Championship sides including the Canaries, Reading and Barnsley, and League One club Gillingham, according to former Sky Sports journalist Peter O'Rourke, reporting for FootballInsider247.com.
The prolific striker was due to sign for Sheffield Wednesday after being released by Palace in the summer of 2016 but suffered a major knee injury, leading to him finding his feet with Dulwich this season, signing a contract until the end of the season in December.
'Seven or eight clubs have made it firm interest and there are three coming down on Saturday to basically bid,' Hamlet manager Gavin Rose told the South London Express and Mercury last week, ahead of his side's 4-3 home win over Folkestone Invicta.
'I don't know how we are going to manage that one. We expect to receive more offers.
'His scoring return is unbelievable. He's getting stronger and getting more confident. He's still learning, believe it or not. There is a lot of growth in Reise and we believe that is going to be at a higher level. For the time being he is here and we can enjoy what he is doing.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 5 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 6 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 7 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 8 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 9 Man in 60s charged for drink driving and soliciting a prostitute in Norwich
- 10 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
'At the moment you don't really want to sell Reise for any other reason than it to be to better himself. But in the back of our heads we know we may need to sell him – even if it is for a small fee – to make sure we can honour the boys' wages.
'It is a good situation to be in. We can sell a player to further his career and help us out in the short term.'
Norwich previously signed Diallang Jaiyesimi from Dulwich, in January 2016, with the attacker currently on loan at League Two side Grimsby Town having extended his City deal until 2020, with the option of a further year.