‘Pulled some incredible saves out of the bag’ – Praise for City keeper Krul after draw at Brentford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tim Krul has been getting plenty of praise from supporters following Norwich City's fightback to draw 1-1 at Brentford.
The Canaries' number one made a sprawling stop to deny a Julian Jeanvier overhead kick when the Bees were leading 1-0 and also superbly punched clear a shot from Neal Maupay soon after Timm Klose had earned a point with a deflected header in the 84th minute.
The Netherlands international has come in for criticism at times this season after signing on a free transfer, as the former Newcastle keeper rebuilds his career after a serious knee injury.
And his display proved pivotal as an injury-hit City team salvaged a draw at Griffin Park, to bounce back from their 4-3 home loss to Derby and stretch their unbeaten away run to 11 league matches.
With leaders Leeds losing 4-2 at Nottingham Forest to suffer successive defeats, it leaves Norwich just two points off top spot before the weekend break for FA Cup action.
You may also want to watch:
And with West Brom also losing at Blackburn it leaves Daniel Farke's team two points clear of third-placed Sheffield United, despite taking two points from their last three games.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit