‘Pulled some incredible saves out of the bag’ – Praise for City keeper Krul after draw at Brentford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tim Krul has been getting plenty of praise from supporters following Norwich City's fightback to draw 1-1 at Brentford.
The Canaries' number one made a sprawling stop to deny a Julian Jeanvier overhead kick when the Bees were leading 1-0 and also superbly punched clear a shot from Neal Maupay soon after Timm Klose had earned a point with a deflected header in the 84th minute.
The Netherlands international has come in for criticism at times this season after signing on a free transfer, as the former Newcastle keeper rebuilds his career after a serious knee injury.
And his display proved pivotal as an injury-hit City team salvaged a draw at Griffin Park, to bounce back from their 4-3 home loss to Derby and stretch their unbeaten away run to 11 league matches.
With leaders Leeds losing 4-2 at Nottingham Forest to suffer successive defeats, it leaves Norwich just two points off top spot before the weekend break for FA Cup action.
You may also want to watch:
And with West Brom also losing at Blackburn it leaves Daniel Farke's team two points clear of third-placed Sheffield United, despite taking two points from their last three games.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 4 Water outages hit homes across city
- 5 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 6 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 7 People released from car after crash closes road
- 8 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 9 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 10 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143