“Playoffs? Anything is possible” - Fans react to Norwich City’s win against Barnsley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City managed a 2-0 win against Barnsley to keep their faint play-off hopes alive at Carrow Road.
The Reds' were unable to find the killer punch to punish City in open play with Jacob Murphy scoring prior to the interval and then unleashing a shot Angus MacDonald turned past his own keeper Adam Davies after the Reds' stopper had parried the initial strike.
Alan Irvine made one unenforced change from last week's line up against Blackburn. Jacob Murphy replaced his brother with Steven Whittaker coming in for the suspended Mitchell Dijks. City's substitutes' bench included fit-again trio Timm Klose, Graham Dorrans and Nelson Oliveira.
Alex Pritchard made his presence felt in the second minute with a dipping free kick headed behind by the Reds' defence.
Fans on social media had a mixed reaction to the match, with some disappointed in the performance and others just pleased with the three points.
You may also want to watch:
Here's a look at what people have been saying on Twitter.
• What did you think of the match? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit