PinkUn Podcast: Our writers discuss Norwich City’s 7-1 thumping of Reading
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Pink Un Norwich City Podcast returns to re-live the Canaries' excellent performance during their 7-1 thrashing of Reading at Carrow Road.
Our chief Norwich City correspondent Paddy Davitt is joined by head of sport Chris Lakey and fellow City writer David Freezer to discuss the memorable match.
Two goals each from Alex Pritchard and Wes Hoolahan added to an early penalty from Nelson Oliveira and a close-range strike from skipper Russell Martin, before Cameron Jerome scored the seventh late on.
It was the very first time the Canaries had scored six goals in the first half of a game at Carrow Road and the first time a City team had scored six goals in the first half since a 6-1 win over Luton on April 21, 1908, at Newmarket Road.
Press play above to listen to the latest edition of the Pink Un Norwich City Podcast
You may also want to watch:
You can listen to previous podcasts at www.pinkun.com/podcast
Click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
Click here to subscribe to the podcast RSS feed
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'