Photo gallery: From the archive - Norwich City V Manchester City over the years
- Credit: Archant
Here is a look back at our archive photo collection of Norwich City V Manchester City ahead of their game Sunday 19 May, 4:00pm
Norwich lost 6-0 to Manchester City in Round 4 of the FA Cup in January 1981 – their heaviest Cup defeat since 1927. The Canaries suffered their heaviest League Cup defeat to Man City in 1975, losing 6-1. From 1964 to 1997 Norwich never managed a victory away to Man City and have not won a match against them since August 2001.
A roll call of players for both teams includes Justin Fashanu, Martin O'Neill, Gary Megson and Darren Huckerby.
Our first match, from Division 1, was played on 30th October 1976, Norwich losing 2-0. Our second match, again from Division 1, dates from 14th February 1987 and ended in a 1-1 draw. Our third match, from Division 1, was an encounter from 18th August 2001, the Canaries on this occasion winning 2-0.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after serious crash
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 4 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 5 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 6 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 7 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 8 'Great relief' as vets rule out foot and mouth disease at Norfolk farm
- 9 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 10 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
To view the gallery click the click at the top right of this page.