Photo gallery: A look back at our archive - Norwich City v Southampton over the years
- Credit: Archant
Here is a look back at our archive of Norwich City v Southampton ahead of their match Saturday 9 March at 3pm
In October 1963 City legend Ron Ashman played his 590th and final League game for the club when they drew 1-1 with Southampton. The Canaries' home record against the Saints is generally good but between 1956 and 1985 they failed to win at the Dell in 19 consecutive League matches. Andy Townsend played for both Norwich and Southampton, with 88 and 83 games respectively.
Our first match, from Division 1, was played on 12th September 1973 and City won 2-0, though both teams were relegated at season's end. Our second encounter dates from 11th September 1982. A Division 1 game, it was a 1-1 draw. Our third fixture, from the Premiership, was played on 20th November 2004, City winning 2-1 but, again, both teams were relegated in due course.
You may also want to watch:
To view the gallery click the link at the top right of this page.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children