Paul Lambert - Norwich City are suing me
Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert admits to being 'disappointed' at comments made about him by Norwich chairman Alan Bowkett over his departure from Carrow Road this summer.
Bowkett told a Norwich supporters' tribunal last night that Lambert was now taking the Canaries to tribunal and seeking �2million compensation for breach of contract and unfair dismissal.
But Lambert today revealed that he is also being sued by Norwich and retains the full backing of the League Managers' Association.
Bowkett said: 'The manner of Paul Lambert's departure was no surprise because he has walked out on every club he has managed.
'You can't complain because you know what you are getting, but I felt he could have left in a more dignified manner.''
A Premier League managers' tribunal is due to decide on the matter and Lambert is disappointed Bowkett has decided to bring the issue into the public domain.
Lambert hit back and said today: 'I'm extremely disappointed that senior officials at Norwich have made comments in relation to myself.
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 4 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 5 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 6 Dash cams help police prosecute 400 drivers in a year
- 7 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 8 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 9 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 10 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
'I'll let him (Bowkett) say what he has got to say and we'll see what happens.
'It will go before the Premier League managers' tribunal. The LMA are acting on my behalf. They supported me at the time and still are.
'What Norwich haven't made public is that they are suing me.
'It is disrespectful and wrong to that tribunal for me to comment anymore. That's the way I'm going to leave it.
'My main concern is Aston Villa.'
'I don't know when it is going to happen. I'm too busy trying to win games to worry.''
Lambert added: 'Am I concerned Norwich fans are only hearing one side of the story? In a word, yes.''