Paul Lambert commits to Norwich City
Norwich City manager Paul Lambert has released a statement on the club's official website stating he is fully committed to Norwich City - and that intense speculation linking him with the vacant Burnley job is wide of the mark.
The Canaries refused Burnley permission to speak to Lambert after they decided to publicise their interest in the Norwich boss on their official website on Thursday night.
At Friday morning's pre-match press conference Lambert said he was happy with the Norwich City statement denying Burnley permission to speak to him and placing on record how important Paul and his backroom team of Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa were to the club's future plans.
On Friday night Lambert told the club's official website: 'I said last week there was nothing in the Burnley speculation. Today I said I was happy with the club's statement and I meant it. I can't stop speculation linking me with other clubs but I've said on numerous occasions before that I am happy here and that is still the case.
'The players and the fans have been tremendous for us since we joined here and what they have achieved over the last 16 months or so is absolutely phenomenal, as I keep saying.
'We've got a job to do here, starting with an important FA Cup match against Leyton Orient tomorrow and that's what I want everyone to be focussing on. I want to put the speculation to bed - I've never had any intention of going elsewhere and nothing has changed. All the speculation is wide of the mark and hopefully now the rumour mill about the Burnley job can focus elsewhere and we can all move on.'