Paddy Davitt: Norwich City player ratings after a 2-1 Championship defeat at Barnsley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our Norwich City correspondent Paddy Davitt has posted his marks following the Canaries' fourth straight league defeat on the road.
Norwich City fans can vote here and this is Paddy's verdict on Alex Neil's troops.
• John Ruddy
Barnsley's match-winner may have took a deflection but the big man would be disappointed to concede from that range. Spilled a corner in the first-half but got back to rectify his error. 6.5
• Ivo Pinto
Signs of rust in the first-half with too many wayward deliveries and poor passes. Took a painful looking whack in the second period. 6.5
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 8 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
• Ryan Bennett
Failed to track Tom Bradshaw for the opening goal. 6.5
• Seb Bassong
Bradshaw ran between him and his centre-back partner to slot the opener. Questionable communication again. Much like QPR's second goal recently. Near post clearance dropped to Conor Hourihane for the winner. 6.5
• Robbie Brady
Defensive questions persist in regard to the opening goal. Gave Josh Scowen too much time and space to whip in an assist. Better when pushed further forward. 6.5
• Jonny Howson
Dragged a first-half shot wide. Fortunate to get away with miscued clearance hammered over by Sam Winnall. 6.5
• Graham Dorrans
Collateral damage in the first-half. Totally bypassed. Added protection with the arrival of Youssouf Mulumbu allowed him to get on the ball. 6.5
• Jacob Murphy
One shot blocked at close range by Angus MacDonald sparked concerted away penalty appeals. Better chance under pressure again six yards out later on was guided the wrong side of the far-post. 6.5
• Alex Pritchard
Fulcrum of all that was good about Norwich versus Brentford. Here the most graphic illustration Alex Neil got his team set-up wrong in the opening period. Spent more time trying to win flick-ons with his back to goal against considerably bigger defenders. No surprise he was hooked at the break. 6.0
• Josh Murphy
Got to the byline on a couple of occasions but not able to pick out team mates. Another casualty of a midfield mix that was simply over-run. 6.0
• Nelson Oliveira
Cut inside to unleash an instinctive, unstoppage low shot past Adam Davies. Touch, awareness and a prodigious work-rate. Stand-out performer. 7.5
• Youssouf Mulumbu 7.0
Bite, muscle and industry. All qualities sadly lacking prior to his introduction.
(for Josh Murphy, 45)
• Martin Olsson 7.0
Freed Robbie Brady to push into a more advanced role. Whipped in a cross Jacob Murphy failed to get on target. Plenty of back-tracking as well.
(for Alex Pritchard, 45)
• Kyle Lafferty n/a
Won a couple of flick-ons but little time to make any genuine impact.
(for Robbie Brady, 85)