Norwich outcast Cureton is a man on a mission
Norwich outcast Jamie Cureton has a point to prove after joining League Two promotion contenders Shrewsbury on loan until the end of the season.Cureton is desperate to impress at the New Meadow after falling out of favour with Paul Lambert.
Norwich outcast Jamie Cureton has a point to prove after joining League Two promotion contenders Shrewsbury on loan until the end of the season.
Cureton is desperate to impress at the New Meadow after falling out of favour with Paul Lambert. The 34-year-old looks to have played his final game for the Canaries with Cureton's current Carrow Road deal due to expire in the summer.
'I've literally been sat out, training with the youngsters, not playing in reserve games and it has been really, really frustrating,' he said. 'So its one of them, do you see the season out and go on a free and start afresh next year or do you try to get some games under your belt and start to get your career going again.
'I think it was the right thing to come out and get some games and going. I'm more determined than ever and after being out for so long because maybe there are a few people I need to prove wrong.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder