Norwich City youngsters lose out to Southend United in Trophy final
Norwich City's Academy youngsters lost out 3-2 to hosts Southend United in the Youth Team Trophy final at Roots Hall on Sunday afternoon.
The Canaries beat Leicester City 2-0 on Saturday to progress to the tournament's final�.
Southend went ahead on 14 minutes, when Della-Verde beat Remi Matthews to Marlon Agykwa's cross and prodded home from 10 yards.
City hit back on 26 minutes thanks to an impressive long range effort from Jason Dobbs that flew in to the top corner, only for Harry Toffolo to volley past his own goalkeeper from close range.
On 33 minutes Norwich equalised again, Josh Murphy's left wing cross headed home by Reece Hall Johnson.
You may also want to watch:
But despite seeing Matthews push Ryan Auger's spot kick around the post, Michael Hyland's 61st minute tap-in sealed matters.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success