Norwich City youngster Louis Thompson completes Swindon loan return
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Norwich City midfielder Louis Thompson has re-joined old club Swindon Town on a youth loan until Friday, December 18.
The 20-year-old had played no part in Alex Neil's Premier League plans this season after linking up with his parent club in the summer and was not part of City's senior summer tour of Austria and Germany. Thompson made 76 appearances for his hometown club before sealing a move to Carrow Road in January 2015 prior to staying with the Robins to help Mark Cooper's club reach the League One play-off final at Wembley last season.
Neil confirmed on Friday morning talks were at an advanced stage over Thompson's bid for first team football after the youngster was touted with a County Ground return.
'Yeah, we are looking at something like that,' said Neil, at Colney. 'I've had discussions with Louis and spoke to him on Thursday and it is important we get the right selection of club for him and that he is progressing and developing.'
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 3 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 4 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?
- 5 Investigations continue after stabbing in town park
- 6 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 7 Norfolk recruiting police officers - but not those with 'offensive' tattoos
- 8 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 9 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 10 'The time has come' - Landlord of seaside pub retires after 50 years at helm