Norwich City youngster Jacob Murphy joins Blackpool on loan
- Credit: Richard Calver/Focus Images Ltd
Young Norwich City winger Jacob Murphy has joined Blackpool on loan for three months.
The England Under-20 international, whose twin brother Josh has forced his way into the first team at Carrow Road this season, is set to stay with the Seasiders until February 2.
City boss Neil Adams said: 'It's a really good move for Jacob. With it being a Championship club I think it's perfect for him.
'Lee Clark has just gone in there and he wants to bring players in to freshen it up, and it's a great opportunity for Jacob to go and establish himself, or certainly to go and get game time.
'We've sat down and identified certain players that could benefit from loan moves, and once you make players' names available then we're confident, with the quality of the younger players we've got, that there will be plenty of opportunities.'
Murphy is available to make his debut for Blackpool at Fulham on Wednesday night, if new manager Lee Clark feels the 19-year-old is ready to be included.
The winger has played once for City this season, starting a 3-1 win against Crawley in the Capital One Cup, setting up his brother for a goal.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
He made his debut for the Canaries in January, coming on as a substitute in the FA Cup against Fulham, before going out on loan in League One with Swindon and then Southend in Leg Two.
Murphy is another member of the City youth team which won the FA Youth Cup in 2013 who has gone on to sign professional terms with the club.
The teenager took to his personal Twitter account (@JacobMurphy95) to say: 'Delighted to join @BlackpoolFC on loan! Looking forward to this new exciting challenge! First up Fulham away! Let's get it.'