Norwich City v QPR prediction: Wes Hoolahan’s return presents a welcome selection dilemma
Two clubs you suspect who have spent the best part of this week working on defensive discipline meet at Carrow Road this weekend.
Both endured miserable starts to the Premier League campaign. Both have points to prove to themselves and their supporters.
Norwich were brittle at the back and carried like punch up front at Fulham. A recipe that held little prospect of success. QPR's humbling was played out in front of an expectant Loftus Road crowd.
Chris Hughton's men need to feed off the energy and goodwill which will swirl around Carrow Road at kick-off. City need to make the running, push Rangers onto the back foot and then endeavour to keep them there.
Sebastien Bassong's midweek arrival offers Hughton an immediate chance to inject some pace and athleticism into a backline that creaked for the majority of the contest at Craven Cottage.
You may also want to watch:
City also need to get the midfield mix right. Wes Hoolahan's return from an Achilles problem presents a welcome selection dilemma. David Fox may still be a week or two away from being in contention, but Hughton has the ammunition at his disposal to ensure City are more than competitive in every facet of the midfield battle.
But, inevitably, after a blank at Fulham coming after a pre-season where Hughton himself identified the lack of a goalscoring threat as an area to address, City need to get it right up front. Grant Holt needs close support to harass a Rangers' defence which itself has some major questions to answer. Swansea counter-attacked with menace. City need service down the flanks. And plenty of it if Holt is to flourish inside the penalty area.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
Norwich City 2, QPR 1