Norwich City v Everton - Player ratings
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Player ratings for both Norwich City and Everton following their Premier League clash.
• Norwich City:
7 John Ruddy: Watchful for the most part but a trademark reaction stop to foil Steven Naismith late on.
You may also want to watch:
7 Steven Whittaker: Key role in both Norwich goals. Ambitious run and cool slot for the rebounded opener.
6 Michael Turner: Over-eager at times and rightly booked for a rash challenge on Steven Pienaar.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
8 Russell Martin: Fantastic sense of anticipation illustrated in two goal-saving blocks. Led by example.
6 Javier Garrido: Tough afternoon with the all-action Seamus Coleman an additional threat throughout.
6 Elliott Bennett: Picked out Ricky van Wolfswinkel in the opening period. Bright spark first half.
6 Jonny Howson: Difficult afternoon for Norwich's central midfielders with Everton's movement.
6 Bradley Johnson: Triggered Norwich's best move of the opening period. Standard prodigious work rate.
7 Nathan Redmond: Norwich's main weapon in the first period. Sourced the move for second goal.
6 Wes Hoolahan: Early signs of an exciting partnership with RvW. Faded after the interval.
8 Ricky van Wolfswinkel: Tireless shift against two quality operators. Class finish for the goal.
Subs: Martin Olsson (for Redmond) 5, Alex Tettey (for Hoolahan) 5
6 Tim Howard: Not overly-worked but no chance with the accuracy of Norwich's two finishes.
8 Seamus coleman: Quality outing, capped by a goal. Probed for vulnerability down City's left.
6 Phil Jagielka: Let Ricky van Wolfswinkel escape for the crucial headed equaliser.
7 Sylvain Distin: Two key interceptions during Norwich's brightest first-half spell. Still the boss at the back.
6 Leighton Baines: By his high standards, not as influential. Set piece sorcery was also lacking.
6 Marouane Fellaini: No faulting his desire for work. Routinely dropped deep to try and spark the Toffees.
8 Ross Barkley: Thumping strike lashed past John Ruddy. Fulcrum of Everton's midfield.
6 Leon Osman: Happy to defer to Ross Barkley and Steven Pienaar in the creative stakes.
7 Steven Pienaar: Intelligent player. Fantastic vision to tee up Nikica Jelavic for Everton's second goal.
7 Kevin Mirallas: Good foil for the Croatian striker. Thwarted by Russell Martin in the first period.
7 Nikica Jelavic: Denied in the final stages. Ruddy's parry set up Everton's second. Constant menace.
Steven Naismith (for Mirallas) 6, Victor Anichebe (for Barkley) 5, Arouna Kone (for Jelavic) 5