Norwich City Under-21s host play-off chasing Sunderland Under-21s in Premier League development action
Norwich City's Under-21s' face play-off chasing Sunderland's Under 21s in Monday's latest Premier League development game at Carrow Road (KO 7pm).
Mark Robson's young squad beat their Everton counterparts last time out at home with Jonny Howson and Luciano Becchio both featuring as over-age outfield players. City's youngsters are in mid-table but the Black Cats can move second with a win at Carrow Road. Sunderland's under-21s drew 1-1 with a strong Bradford City outfit in a mid-season friendly at Valley Parade last week and Ball viewed that as perfect preparation.
'It's going to be a tough game at Norwich and we're well aware of that. We've got a few lads out on loan but there is the option to bring the ones on a youth loan back into the squad so we may look to do that if necessary,' Ball told Sunderland's official site. 'Having said that, what that does do is give the opportunity for other lads to come in and show what they can do. The fact Phil (Parkinson) said he was playing six or seven first-team players and it was going to be played on their pitch meant it was far too good an opportunity for our lads to miss out on ahead of the Norwich game.'
Tickets are available in the Jarrold Stand, priced £3 per person, or free for priority members. Tickets can be purchased in advance online, by calling 0844 826 1902 or in person at the ticket offices at Carrow Road or the Canary Stores at Chapelfield and The Mall. Tickets will be available from the Carrow Road ticket office before the game, but supporters are advised to buy in advance or arrive early to avoid queues.
Car parking is available in the stadium on a first come, first served basis.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 8 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 9 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 10 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp