Norwich City Under-18s 1, Aston Villa Under-18s 6
An inexperienced Norwich City Under-18 team suffered another heavy defeat at Colney yesterday as their league campaign drew to a close in low-key fashion.
With all eyes on next Monday's FA Youth Cup Final clash at Chelsea, when the Canaries will be defending a 1-0 lead from the first leg, the regulars had an afternoon off, with City represented by a mixture of Under-16s and trialists. A similar side took a 6-0 hammering at the hands of Newcastle earlier in the week and it was no easier against Villa, who also coasted to an emphatic win.
The only consolation this time was a late consolation goal, netted by substitute Oliver Standley.
• Norwich City: Oxborough; Efete, Heath (c), Fletcher, Hawkins; Simpson, Grant, Shaikly (Standley 51), Sweeney (Welch 76); St Louis (Cantwell 73); Couzens.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit