Late McCracken penalty save ensures City U23s draw with Burnley
- Credit: Norwich City
Jon McCracken's penalty save in stoppage time ensured Norwich City's U23s recorded a goalless draw with Burnley's youngsters at Colney this afternoon.
David Wright's side were boosted by the return of Tyrese Omotoye and Andrew Omobamidele from injury with the pair able to play the first half for the young Canaries.
Lewis Robertson went close to opening the scoring in the first half. The Clarets striker failed to hit the target with his effort. Moments later, City had a chance of their own. An attack down the left saw Rob Nizet's cross met by Omotoye but his shot sailed over the bar.
Bobby Thomas failed to make the most of his opportunity to break the deadlock, heading Ne-Jai Tucker's free-kick over the bar.
Burnley had a chance to snatch a win late on when Robertson was brought down by McCracken in the penalty area. Joel Mumbungo stepped up but his strike was thwarted by the Scottish youth international.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City XI: McCracken (C), Vaughan, Omobamidele (Warner, 45 (Rowe, 59)), Tomkinson, Nizet, Dronfield, Khumbeni, Giurgi, Dennis, Omotoye (Springett, 45), Hondermarck
Substitutes: Rose, Kamara
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 9 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
Bookings: Dronfield (45), McCracken (73), Nizet (86)
Burnley XI: Richter, Elva-Fountaine, Nartey, Thomas, Rain, Thompson, Tucker, Gomez, Taranis (Dodgson, 65), Mumbongo, Richardson
Substitutes: L Thomas, Glennon, Goodridge, Barrett
Bookings: Gomez Mancini (50), Thompson (85), Mumbongo (90+2)