Norwich City U21s 3, Blackburn Rovers U21s 1
Norwich City midfielder David Fox continued on the comeback trail from a knee injury with a 80-minute run-out during the Canaries U21s' 3-1 win against Blackburn Rovers yesterday.
Fox has missed City's pre-season campaign but stepped up his rehabilitation during the youngsters' victory against Rovers.
He could even come into contention for this weekend's Premier League clash against QPR with manager Chris Hughton admitting last weekend he is looking to fast-track the midfielder back into the first team fold.
The 28-year-old, who signed a new contract at Carrow Road this summer, has been able to continue running throughout most of his comeback to maintain a level of base fitness that could see him at least make the substitutes' bench on Saturday.
While Fox came through unscathed against Rovers, it was young striker Jamar Loza who caught the eye with an impressive hat-trick to down the Lancashire side.
You may also want to watch:
City fell behind in the 15th minute when Raheem Hanley opened the scoring after Declan Rudd had made a good save to deny the Rovers man's first attempt.
The Canaries – who were captained by Korey Smith and who also included George Francomb in the line-up – were back on level terms six minutes later thanks to a fine header from Loza.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Man and woman found dead in home
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
Josh Murphy made good progress down the wing before delivering a cross for the striker to nod home and make it 1-1.
Loza grabbed his second in the 28th minute with a cool finish and it was a lead City managed to hold until the half-time break.
Loza completed his hat-trick just before the hour-mark when he managed to bundle home Ewan McNeil's centre.
• Norwich City: Rudd, McNeil, Durojaiye, Fox (Clunan 82), Francomb, Sheriff, Jacob Murphy, Smith (c), Loza, Dobie (King 74), Josh Murphy. Subs not used: McFadden, Steer, Hall-Johnson.
• Blackburn: Urwin, Wylie, Beesley, Lenihan, O'Connell, Mason Ware, Evans, Hanley, MacLaren, O'Sullivan, Osawe. Subs: Molina, Dilo, Brown, Haley, Thompson.