Norwich City U18s could face trip to Middlesbrough in FA Youth Cup
- Credit: JASON DAWSON
Norwich City Under-18s will face a trip to Middlesbrough in the fifth round of the FA Youth Cup, if they can beat Sunderland next week.
The Young Canaries face the Black Cats' U18s at the Stadium of Light in the fourth round next Wednesday (7pm).
Boro beat Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 at Stevenage in the fourth round last night to seal their progress, which means City could have to make another long trip in the competition, having also travelled to North Ferriby to beat Hull City 3-1 in the third round.
City's under-21s travel to Middlesbrough tomorrow, where they take on their Boro counterparts at the club's Rockliffe Park training facility (1pm kick-off).
The Canaries U21s are level on points with Boro in the Barclays U21 Premier League table, although the Teesside youngsters have played two games less.
You may also want to watch:
Dmitri Halajko's side travel in good heart though, having won two and drawn one of their last four matches.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train