Norwich City U18s 2, Charlton U18s 2
Charlton twice came from behind to deny Norwich a third consecutive home win in the FA Premier Acadamy League. The Canaries took the lead after two minutes, when a right-wing cross from full back Gareth Matthews saw Kris Renton peel away from his marker to head the ball beyond Harry Lee in the visitors' goal.
Charlton twice came from behind to deny Norwich a third consecutive home win in the FA Premier Acadamy League.
The Canaries took the lead after two minutes, when a right-wing cross from full back Gareth Matthews saw Kris Renton peel away from his marker to head the ball beyond Harry Lee in the visitors' goal.
City's lead lasted for just four minutes, before Charlton drew level when a deflected cross fell kindly for Mikkel Rygaard-Jensen, who fired past Declan Rudd.
After a super performance last week when he set Renton up for his two goals, Luke Daley was again in fine form and he was unlucky not to fire City back into the lead when he saw a curling effort cleared off the line, after good build-up play involving Jordan Yong.
On 17 minutes Norwich reclaimed the lead when Renton found Daley who ran on and slotted the ball home.
On 25 minutes full-back Sam Habergham brought his man down just inside the box and Dannu Uchecih made no mistake from the spot, sending Rudd the wrong way.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 9 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
Wagstaff then spurned a glorious chance for the visitors. Chances were few and far between in the second half, although Damon Lathrope went close for City with a 35-yard drive, which cannoned back off the upright. Charlton were denied a late winner as substitute Calum O'Shea was well-marked by an alert Rudd.
t Norwich City: Rudd, Matthews, Habergham (Bexfield, 49), Lathrope, McLean, D Kelly, Daley, R Kelly, Renton, Miller (Smith, 60), Yong, Substitutes not used: Cooper, Steer.
t Charlton Athletic: Lee, Solly, Yussuff, Stavrinau, Sinfield, Long, Shelvey, Rygaarad-Jensen (O'Shea , 45), Wagstaff, Uchecih, (Lozano-Calderon, 57), Harkin, Substitutes not used: Godfrey, Joseph, Kissi.
t Norwich City MoM: Kris Renton.
t Norwich City U16s lost their game against their Charlton 3-1 (Richard Brindley).