Norwich City transfer rumours: Southampton join race for Nathan Redmond
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Two more names have entered the race to sign in-demand Norwich City winger, Nathan Redmond.
Stoke City and Southampton have both reportedly made inquiries for the England under-21 star, although the Potters are apparently at the front of the queue armed with an £8m bid.
Stoke boss Mark Hughes is a big fan of Redmond, who scored six goals for City last season and is coming into the final year of his contract.
Southampton also have a long-standing interest in Redmond, who joined the Canaries in a £3.2m move from Birmingham City in the summer of 2013. But a move back to the Midlands could appeal to 22-year-old, who is also big friends with Potters goalkeeper Jack Butland from their days together at St Andrews.
Birmingham will be following Redmond's future with a keen interest as Gary Rowett's side have a 15 per cent sell-on clause on any profit Norwich City make.
You may also want to watch:
However, Birmingham could be forced to wait between six to 12 months before receiving any financial reward as the clause is dependant on the structure of any new deal and how quickly Norwich receive the future transfer fee.
The Canaries stuck to their policy of declining to comment on any transfer speculation and it is becoming increasingly clear that Norwich's resolve to keep the player will be sorely tested this summer.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
Meanwhile, City defender Timm Klose has been left out of Switzerland's provisional squad for Euro 2016.
The 28-year-old, who sustained knee ligament damage during City's defeat against Crystal Palace last month, impressed at the heart of City's backline following a £7.6m move from Wolfsburg.
However, after injuring his knee at Selhurst Park he failed to make another appearance for the Canaries this season and won't play any part for his country in France.