Norwich City transfer rumours: Robbie Brady tracked by Aston Villa
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's Republic of Ireland international Robbie Brady is reportedly a £10m transfer target for Championship rivals Aston Villa - the Canaries next opponents at Carrow Road on Tuesday night.
The Sun claimed on Monday Brady's old Hull mentor, Steve Bruce, is ready to test City's resolve to hang onto the Irishman in next month's transfer window, with the Villans poised to try and tempt Brady with a £50,000 per week contract offer.
Brady was heavily touted with a summer move away from Norfolk following Norwich's relegation from the Premier League and after an impresive Euro 2016 for his country. Everton and Premier League champions Leicester City were amongst a host of clubs linked to the 24-year-old, who surprisingly remained at Carrow Road.
The former Manchester United trainee indicated recently when he was away on international duty City's price tag may have proved a stumbling block but Brady is likely to be in demand again in the January transfer window.
The Dubliner signed a three-year contract in July 2015 when he moved from Hull City, with another year's option believed to be in the original deal that enticed Brady from Humerside.
Both Norwich and Villa could also do battle next month over a loan bid for Manchester United keeper Sam Johnstone. The 23-year-old is interesting a clutch of Championship clubs, according to the Daily Mail. Johnstone has had previous loan spells at Preston and Doncaster and has yet to make a first-team apperance at Old Trafford.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos