Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries will listen to offers for Cameron Jerome with Middlesbrough and Sunderland interested
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Cameron Jerome could be the next casualty of the overhaul at Norwich City this summer.
The Canaries are ready to offload their top goalscorer from last season according to The Mirror as they bid to cut the wage bill at Carrow Road.
Middlesbrough and Sunderland are interested in Jerome, who was one of the few players last season to enhance his reputation in an underwhelming campaign.
However, sporting director Stuart Webber has said the club will have to entertain bids for some of its stars this summer with Jonny Howson also expected to leave.
Jerome is in no rush to quit Norwich though with the 29-year-old still having two years left on the contract he signed last summer. The club also has an option to extend that contract by a season.
You may also want to watch:
It remains to be seen whether Jerome is part of new head coach Daniel Farke's plans but his departure would leave a big hole to fill after his 16 goals in 40 appearances last season.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 8 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 9 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend