Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries will listen to offers for Cameron Jerome with Middlesbrough and Sunderland interested
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Cameron Jerome could be the next casualty of the overhaul at Norwich City this summer.
The Canaries are ready to offload their top goalscorer from last season according to The Mirror as they bid to cut the wage bill at Carrow Road.
Middlesbrough and Sunderland are interested in Jerome, who was one of the few players last season to enhance his reputation in an underwhelming campaign.
However, sporting director Stuart Webber has said the club will have to entertain bids for some of its stars this summer with Jonny Howson also expected to leave.
Jerome is in no rush to quit Norwich though with the 29-year-old still having two years left on the contract he signed last summer. The club also has an option to extend that contract by a season.
You may also want to watch:
It remains to be seen whether Jerome is part of new head coach Daniel Farke's plans but his departure would leave a big hole to fill after his 16 goals in 40 appearances last season.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival