Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries track Liverpool starlet Kevin Stewart
- Credit: PA
Liverpool midfielder Kevin Stewart could spark a Championship transfer tussle, with Norwich City reportedly one of a number of clubs tracking the 23-year-old.
Skysports News claimed on Wednesday afternoon the Reds are weighing up whether to offload the former Tottenham youngster or sanction a season-long loan.
Premier League trio Stoke, Burnley and newly promoted Brighton are reportedly keen on a permanent deal while City, Derby and Aston Villa could also offer a viable loan option.
Jurgen Klopp is unlikely to be willing to sell Stewart, who only signed a new longer term deal keeping him on Merseyside until 2021, in November 2016.
Stewart has had loan spells at Cheltenham, Burton and Swindon since moving to Anfield and made nine senior Liverpool appearances this season, although his last first team outing came in the FA Cup replay win at Plymouth in January 2016. The midfielder's season was cut short when he underwent surgery on a hernia problem in April.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City's new sporting director Stuart Webber worked at Liverpool earlier in his career and retains strong links with his former club, after bringing highly-rated keeper Danny Ward to Huddersfield this season.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk