Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make enquiry for Newcastle United striker Daryl Murphy
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have made an enquiry for Newcastle United striker Daryl Murphy according to reports.
The Northern Echo claim the Canaries want to bring the former Ipswich Town striker to Carrow Road this summer and Newcastle are looking to recoup the £3m they spent on the Republic of Ireland international last summer.
That fee is beyond the Canaries in their current financial situation but the report claims City will look to include a series of clauses in any potential deal.
Norwich were linked with a move for Murphy two years ago after winning promotion to the Premier League under Alex Neil but the 34-year-old ended up signing a new deal with Ipswich before moving on to St James' Park two years later.
Murphy scored seven goals in 26 appearances for Rafa Benitez's side last season with the striker behind the likes of Dwight Gayle and Aleksandar Mitrovic in the striker pecking order.
You may also want to watch:
If Murphy were to arrive at Carrow Road then it would also leave question marks over the future of Cameron Jerome.
City's top goalscorer from last season has been linked with a move away this summer as the club look to reduce their wage bill. Fulham and Sunderland have been mooted as potential destinations if the former Stoke man were to move on.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 3 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 8 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 9 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 10 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity