Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make enquiry for Newcastle United striker Daryl Murphy
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have made an enquiry for Newcastle United striker Daryl Murphy according to reports.
The Northern Echo claim the Canaries want to bring the former Ipswich Town striker to Carrow Road this summer and Newcastle are looking to recoup the £3m they spent on the Republic of Ireland international last summer.
That fee is beyond the Canaries in their current financial situation but the report claims City will look to include a series of clauses in any potential deal.
Norwich were linked with a move for Murphy two years ago after winning promotion to the Premier League under Alex Neil but the 34-year-old ended up signing a new deal with Ipswich before moving on to St James' Park two years later.
Murphy scored seven goals in 26 appearances for Rafa Benitez's side last season with the striker behind the likes of Dwight Gayle and Aleksandar Mitrovic in the striker pecking order.
If Murphy were to arrive at Carrow Road then it would also leave question marks over the future of Cameron Jerome.
City's top goalscorer from last season has been linked with a move away this summer as the club look to reduce their wage bill. Fulham and Sunderland have been mooted as potential destinations if the former Stoke man were to move on.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park