Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries agree £12.5m deal with Newcastle United for Jacob Murphy
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have agreed a £12.5m deal with Newcastle for winger Jacob Murphy according to reports.
Daily Telegraph reporter John Percy tweeted on Monday afternoon that the Magpies have been successful with their latest bid after reportedly having bids of £8m and £10m rejected by the Canaries.
Murphy was included in Norwich's 24-man squad for their Germany tour but is now expected to travel back to the UK to discuss personal terms with Rafa Benitez's side.
Details of Newcastle's interest in the 22-year-old emerged last week with Benitez growing frustrated at a lack of transfer activity at St James' Park this summer.
Boyhood Newcastle fan, Murphy, reportedly informed the Canaries last week that he would like the chance to discuss a move to Newcastle
You may also want to watch:
He was one of the few players to emerge with any credit from last season and also starred at the European Under-21 Championships with England.
Norwich sporting director Stuart Webber made it clear that savings would have to be made this summer but whether the club is willing to part with one of its prized assets remains to be seen.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
Jonny Howson and Graham Dorrans have already departed this summer as the club looks to trim its wage bill although it should be said that Norwich have wasted little time making signings themselves. James Husband arrived from Middlesbrough on Tuesday in a £1m deal to become the club's sixth signing of the summer.