Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries agree £12.5m deal with Newcastle United for Jacob Murphy
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have agreed a £12.5m deal with Newcastle for winger Jacob Murphy according to reports.
Daily Telegraph reporter John Percy tweeted on Monday afternoon that the Magpies have been successful with their latest bid after reportedly having bids of £8m and £10m rejected by the Canaries.
Murphy was included in Norwich's 24-man squad for their Germany tour but is now expected to travel back to the UK to discuss personal terms with Rafa Benitez's side.
Details of Newcastle's interest in the 22-year-old emerged last week with Benitez growing frustrated at a lack of transfer activity at St James' Park this summer.
Boyhood Newcastle fan, Murphy, reportedly informed the Canaries last week that he would like the chance to discuss a move to Newcastle
You may also want to watch:
He was one of the few players to emerge with any credit from last season and also starred at the European Under-21 Championships with England.
Norwich sporting director Stuart Webber made it clear that savings would have to be made this summer but whether the club is willing to part with one of its prized assets remains to be seen.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
Jonny Howson and Graham Dorrans have already departed this summer as the club looks to trim its wage bill although it should be said that Norwich have wasted little time making signings themselves. James Husband arrived from Middlesbrough on Tuesday in a £1m deal to become the club's sixth signing of the summer.